Averton is immediately seeking an experienced Service Technician with exceptional organizational and communication skills to join our Customer Care and Warranty team. We are only seeking candidates who can demonstrate an ability to organize and problem solve.
The Service Technician – After Sales, is responsible for the resolution of home deficiencies, either by performing necessary work themselves or supervising and coordinating workers from trade partners. The role will also involve other general duties as directed by the Manager of Customer Care & Warranty.
Duties and Responsibilities
Complete warranty service work which includes, but not limited to:
- Fix and resolve Tarion warrantable deficiency items, in accordance with the performance guidelines, as noted on the 30 day, 1st year, & 2nd year Warranty forms, under the direction of the customer service manager or service coordinator.
- Repair work may include items such as trim work, baseboards, cabinets, flooring and drywall as may be required
- Review service warranty lists and ensure all items are completed.
- Obtaining homeowner satisfaction and signatures of completed items for Lot files, if requested.
- Assist with resolving homeowner emergency calls as provided by the customer service manager or customer service coordinator.
- Prepare materials required to complete service work prior to scheduled appointments.
- Providing a list of required materials and supplies to direct supervisor on weekly basis.
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor at designated times to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades.
- Review work orders on a proactive and daily basis.
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with homeowners
- Adhere to all Ministry of Labour rules and regulations.
- 5 years or more of home service/carpentry experience
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, framing, plumbing etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- Comfortable in the use of technology – smartphones, tablets or computers to record, review and communicate information related to deficiency lists.
- Must have the ability to read and write accurately in the English language.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites and to potentially work at different locations.
- Outgoing personality, excellent customer service skills and professionalism
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- High attention to detail
- Valid drivers licence and reliable transportation
- WHMIS certification or available for training for certification
- Skilled at interpreting construction drawings, specifications and sketches
- Operate hand and power tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Subject to weather, noise
- Subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move or lift objects.
- Substantial motions of the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers to manipulate tools and materials
Averton is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefit package, and an empowering, team driven environment and the unique opportunity to make a big impact in our growing company.
Averton maintains its prominence as a new home builder of desirable communities and quality homes with consistently satisfied customers. With a focus on product development and improvement, Averton continues to be at the forefront of new home design and innovative construction.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fill out our general job application
We offer a wide range of positions. If you can't find what you're looking for please fill out an application, we're always happy to have talented people to join our team!