Every feature, every finish, every detail perfectly conceived. A designer’s touch is evident in every detail of your new home at Averton Square, complemented and customized with your own design vision.
The pleasures of a front porch
There was a time when the front porch was one of the most popular living spaces in a home.
Porches were a necessity in the days before air conditioning. There were screened sleeping porches when the upstairs bedrooms were simply too hot to sleep at night, and then there were the traditional columned verandas with potted plants and rocking chairs where one could keep an eye on the kids, or share a lemonade and some local gossip.
Porches were one of the ways that North American homes stood apart from English architecture, with the porch providing a link from the house to nature, a kind of transitional space between the privacy of one’s family and the public realm of the street.
Those days are back again at Averton Square where each of the community’s 20 bungalows boasts a big country-style porch of its own. You’ll savour your time relaxing here, enjoying the fresh air, reading the daily paper, waving hello to the neighbours, and feeling connected to your community.
Stunning interior features
- 9’ ceilings on main floor (excluding low headroom areas due to mechanical and/or dropped areas).
- Optional lofts feature 8’ ceilings (excluding low headroom areas due to mechanical, dropped areas or sloped ceilings).
- All interior walls and trim painted with a quality Cool White latex paint.
- Laundry rooms with upper cabinetry in white, from Builder‘s standard selection.
- Oak veneer stairs, handrails and pickets in natural finish.
- Painted white 4¼” colonial style baseboards throughout with 2¾” casing on all windows and doors, with painted Classique series interior doors.
- Brushed chrome finish coloured hardware on all interior doors.
- Spray-textured stippled ceilings throughout, except for kitchen, dining area, bathrooms and main floor laundry rooms which have a smooth painted finish.
- Direct-vent natural gas fireplace with white-painted mantel, from Builder’s standard selection.
- Optional Finished Basement to be same finishes as main floor.
- Quality cabinetry with granite countertops and under-mounted stainless steel kitchen sinks, from Builder’s standard selection.
- Open area for future dishwasher.
- Flush breakfast bar.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in tub enclosures up to but not including ceiling. Where tub and shower stalls are separate, tub enclosures are tiled to approximately 18” high above tub deck and shower stalls are fully tiled.
- White ceramic bathroom accessories.
- Mirrors over all bathroom vanities and pedestal sink in powder room.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Imported ceramic tile flooring in front foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, all bathrooms, main floor laundry rooms and mud rooms, from Builder’s standard samples.
- Prefinished ¾” x 3” Oak Natural hardwood flooring on main level (except tiled areas) and all finished stair landings.
- 40 oz. broadloom with quality under-pad on optional loft level (except tiled areas), from Builder’s standard samples.
Distinguished exterior design
- Architecturally designed streetscapes and elevations with complementary exterior colour schemes, styles, and materials.
- Beautiful single family home designs with brick detailing, vinyl siding and/or brick with stone detailing, as per elevation, with complementary roof and paint colours.
- Exterior columns, as per plan.
- Durable, maintenance-free, pre-finished aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestroughs and downspouts - all colour-coordinated.
- Self-sealing asphalt shingles with 25-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Garage door(s) with decorative glass inserts, as per plan.
- Front elevation windows with decorative grilles, as per plan.
- Decorative exterior lights.
- Driveway finished with top coat of asphalt.
- Insulated metal front door with brushed chrome finish grip set and deadbolt.
- Front door with Low-E glass insert and/or sidelight(s), as per plan.
- Vinyl Low-E casement windows throughout (excluding basement windows). All operating windows are to be screened.
- All basement windows to be vinyl sliders with Low-E glass. Corrugated galvanized steel window wells may be required as per grading conditions.
- All sliding patio doors to be vinyl with Low-E glass and screened.
- All doors and windows to be fully caulked.
- All exterior doors are complete with weather stripping.
Yard & Deck
- Fully sodded lot.
- Precast concrete slab walkway to front entry and rear patio.
- All lookout lots to have decks with stairs to grade, and walkout lots to have a deck only (6’ x 8’deck).